Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ON A HAPPIER NOTE....

Fia is doing great in the Potty training dept. The way it has always worked with Fia and I is the opportunity will present itself and I will ignore it, thinking that she is not ready (this happened with binkies, bottles, etc.), then another opportunity will arise and I will just Seize the Moment! So, yesterday.. it just so happened.. it was like.. TODAY SOPHIA IS GOING TO WEAR PANTIES! I picked her up from school yesterday and she had the same panties on! I could not have been prouder, except today... (yes.. even after the "incident,"/ I guess she was not TOO traumatized), we were at Walmart (trying to buy my child toys so she could erase the horror of today's events where she was bitten on the the face by a Crazed Toddler), she informed me she needed to go," yuckies." I rushed her to the bathroom and there we sat (potty totally wrapped in the things that hang on the wall, thank you). Nothing.. a little pee, that's all. We finish our shopping in the car, she said it again. Not wanting to do the whole thing over, I said, well don't go in your panties and we will go when we get home. We get home.. all dry. So we take the potty onto the porch and she sits on it while we put her "BUBBLE GRILL" together. Nothing. I leave the porch to go and retrieve all of our shopping items from the car and I hear her yelling something, but I thought she was just excited with her Bubble Grill! Then D comes running out, excited, but mortified!!! YES! EUREKA! She pooed in the potty!! (the little toddler kind)... IT was NOT pretty, but it was in the POTTY! I am SOOO proud! Man.. I love her!
PS.. isn't it funny as we get older, we go from talking about fake nails and cute boys to Toddler terrors and Poop! I love it! N

No comments: